Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Anyone running SWAT 3 and Last Resort on Linux?

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2908 by Slippery Jim

Thank you so much for the reply! For Steam Deck 1280x800 is the standard resolution so that's what I would be using. Thank you again!

I just saw someone else in the Steam forums asking if Swat 3 runs on the Steam Deck.   I assume this is why you are asking about the Last Resort mod working with Linux since from my limited understanding is what the Steam Deck runs on?

I am completely ignorant of how the Steam Deck works. I assume you installed Swat 3 right onto it using the Linux version of Steam?

What version of the Last Resort mod did you try to install? I am also trying to determine what version of the replacement movies you installed (MPEG or XVID?).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2909 by AlfieLC
I’m running the GOG version (which I believe includes the fixed videos) through Proton which is the Windows compatibility layer for the Linux-based OS. As otherwise reported there are no issues with playing the base game using this method on Steam Deck.

The resolution is 1280x800, which of course is a 16:10 ratio instead of the more common 16:9 albeit the Steam Deck will simply add borders to this automatically.

Attempted to use the latest Last Resort version but got the exact same errors as initially reported with the launcher.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2910 by Slippery Jim
Okay thanks for info.

I installed Ubuntu in a virtual machine to see the errors in action.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2911 by Slippery Jim
I tried playing the original Swat 3 movies in Ubuntu and it suggested a third party software called "GStreamer Multimedia Codecs"

gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

No idea if that is any use to you on Steam Deck. Installing that made the Swat 3 movies playable on Ubuntu anyways.

Ubuntu of course gave a safety warning about 3rd party software before installing.

Right now I am still having trouble getting Swat 3 to run on a virtual machine.  Probably video card related.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2912 by qcstewart

AlfieLC post=2909 userid=3641
I’m running the GOG version (which I believe includes the fixed videos) through Proton which is the Windows compatibility layer for the Linux-based OS. As otherwise reported there are no issues with playing the base game using this method on Steam Deck.

The resolution is 1280x800, which of course is a 16:10 ratio instead of the more common 16:9 albeit the Steam Deck will simply add borders to this automatically.

Attempted to use the latest Last Resort version but got the exact same errors as initially reported with the launcher.

Edit: I meant to quote your post above, hopefully this works.

I haven't had any success getting the regular GOG version to run on Steam Deck except completely bypassing the movies. I get DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS on startup without -nointro, and replacing the videos didn't change anything. Can you share how you installed it and Wine/Proton version and any tricks you used?

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2913 by Slippery Jim
Technically the GOG.com and Steam versions are identical. Interesting that you would have trouble with it.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds