Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1992 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
Well I am not saying GOG.com and Steam can't play together. I am just wondering if my GOG.com install is so messy with my various experiment files that it is somehow causing the mismatch.   Sometimes even inactive mods can cause issues.

That doesn't explain why the other fellows last night had same problem with "no menu". I am just trying to rule out things between you and I since easier to control.

I may just have to include a "menu.dat" file in the "Last_Resort_v0.8.zip" and just give up trying to understand what is happening. Just ran a test with that and see if it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1993 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Need beta testers
I just don't see why a mismatch would occur on only the no menu version if it wasn't something caused by that itself since all the other resolutions worked no problems.

Are you thinking our original menu.dat files are some how the issue? I fresh installed the game today, tbh should have probably done a test with us both running no menu.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1995 by Slippery Jim
At this point not sure why it is happening. All logic suggests it shouldn't be happening since it should be falling back to using original menu.dat files. I shouldn't have to include a copy of "menu.dat" in the "Last_Resort_v0.8.zip" for it to work.

As you suggest we need to do another test with both of us using "no menu". See if we can join then.

My main theory now is that because of all the test files in my mod folder something is causing a conflict. Using my pristine copy of Steam should rule that out.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1998 by fgsfds
Replied by fgsfds on topic Need beta testers

Sorry about that guys. I know you just wanted to game and we were testing things.

That's quite alright, happy to help testing this game. We still had fun, so it's all good.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1999 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Need beta testers
Don't know if you are messing with the server or someone is playing (stats had 0 players though) but I've seen different parts go down in the past 10 minutes.

Jan-16 03:51 PM EST (08:51 PM UTC) - Main Server said it was off, I tried to login to check and didn't work, not even a minute later seemed to be back up.
Jan-16 03:57 PM EST (08:57 PM UTC) - Game Server was down, once again tried to login, got a query error the first time getting into chat but tried again and it worked, hosted a game no problems and when I came back to the site said it was up again.

Just happened to see the status on the site so thought I'd take note and check.

More
3 years 3 months ago #2001 by Slippery Jim
My son said he was testing something trying to fix the problem that I had with the server being stubborn about restarting last night. Sorry if it booted anyone.

He said he was forcing crashes during testing.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds