Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
4 years 2 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1228 by Slippery Jim
I am getting very close to being able to post a beta test for the latest version of Last Resort mod and could use your help testing it.

Version 8 major changes:

• Last Resort launcher re-coded with Visual Studio 2019 (instead of ancient VB6 first released in 1998)

• Contains NeuWon support for playing Swat 3 online once again without a 3rd party app!

• New resolution of 1366x768 for 2D menus

• I know there aren't many people who frequently visit these forums but please consider downloading, testing, and giving me feedback when the time comes. Look back here in the near future!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    4 years 2 months ago #1230 by Copy-Cat
    Replied by Copy-Cat on topic Need beta testers
    Early Access?

More
    4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #1231 by Slippery Jim
    Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
    In a way I guess except it is free, lol.

To clarify this will be a test version to see if everything works properly for the testers. It is not the release version. Not sure if I will send out private links or just get a third party host (and only post the link here).

I am working on the installer package right now as a matter of fact. Still need time to triple check everything (days or week?).

More
    4 years 2 months ago #1232 by DomeShot
    Replied by DomeShot on topic Need beta testers
    I am willing to test if you need. I usually check the forums once every few days for updates or new posts so if you need, let me know. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to LR Jim.

More
    4 years 2 months ago #1235 by Slippery Jim
    Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
    Most definitely could use as much help as possible testing the beta for bugs. The more people that test it the more chances of finding problems.

I assume though that since Microsoft has been very aggressive at forcing people to switch to Windows 10 that we won't have operating system issues. All my home machines are Windows 10. A few years ago we had to deal with a dog's breakfast of Windows machines.

More
    4 years 2 months ago #1236 by Volcano
    Replied by Volcano on topic Need beta testers
    yeah ill be up to test for you mate

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
    Time to create page: 0.329 seconds