Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
4 years 2 months ago #1265 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
Woops sorry. Ya my son was working on a script to help start up the Swat server. The main NeuWon site is down right now still.

That front page server query doesn't check to see if the main NeuWon server is also up. It just checks the Swat 3 server. It is on my "to do" list of things to fix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #1277 by Slippery Jim
Just noticed I have a bug with the new Last Resort Launcher.

For some reason once it launches Swat 3 it always defaults to 640x480. Not sure why this is happening. If I launch Swat 3 directly it does the proper resolution that was saved.

This will delay the release of the beta until I can figure this out. Sorry.

Update: I think I have narrowed it down to how the Launcher starts the game executable. It is a different method to how I used to do it in previous versions. Only thing that makes sense.

Update 2: The game is definitely loading the modified Swat.cfg because of all the other changes that work (for example music to 0%). Why is it just ignoring the resolution?!

More
4 years 1 month ago #1286 by PepeSilva
Replied by PepeSilva on topic Need beta testers
Definitely interested in a beta version to test it out. Just got back to Swat 3 and 4. :)

More
4 years 1 month ago #1287 by Slippery Jim
Great thanks. Keep an eye on this thread in about a week (if I can kick this final bug's ass).

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1288 by Slippery Jim
Discovered the bug. It had nothing to do with the how Swat 3 was being launched. It has to do with how Swat.cfg was saved. There are 3 bytes at the start of the file that shouldn't be there (they were filtered out by both Notepad and ConTEXT so I never saw them until I examined the file with a Hex editor).

All fixed now.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1289 by DomeShot
Replied by DomeShot on topic Need beta testers
Great news! Can't wait! Glad you found what was going on.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds