Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Framerate and magazine size

More
3 years 1 month ago #2183 by Hawk24
Replied by Hawk24 on topic Framerate and magazine size
Nice one, that did the trick. Buttery smooth 144fps unless I either open the weapon selection (40fps) or enable picture-in-picture (100fps)
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2187 by radioteque
Awesome man!!! Glad it worked - enjoy!

More
3 years 1 month ago #2189 by Copy-Cat
Ok. I'll look into it.

Where does this happen? specifically which map, and location in the map.
My guess is missionl. at the start.

The doors that have glass inserts, have to be set to see-thru so that it will take care of the glass aspect for ai to see the enemy.
Recently I have seen, if the portal used on the door covers the door sils and jambs, the ai will shoot thru jambs and sils.

In my opinion, the only way to fix these issues is to
  1. identify the issue. map and location
  2. recreate the map
  3. fix the issue
These problems occur as a result of map creation techniques, specifically door and portal creation. We are till this day, 20 years later, are finding issues with the maps, and not just the default maps, but user made maps. Unfortunately for some issues(like these) it requires the map source files. This can be done another way, it involves recreating the map and manually fix the issues using known techniques of creating doors with windows and adding the correct portals.

These glitches should be added to the map upgrade list of fixes. Especially problems within the default maps.

Currently for me and beckett, there is one map on the table that is almost ready. I have pitched to him the task of recreating the default maps but need SJ in the project to finish the final details, such as lighting, h-res textures, and missing decals. The recreating part is tedious enough, adding the textures and UV alignments is another.

I'll know more once I can test for myself the location where it is happening and tear the map apart to see the problem.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2190 by Slippery Jim
I still want to finish the Mission L import store remake. Just damned busy at the moment.

Update:  To add further to this...I really can't wait to get back to making new high-res textures and finishing the Import Store remake.    After that maybe even re-do Reaperman's and my Christmas map.

I just need to finish some tasks with the LR launcher first and my side project of recording duplicate textures in Swat 3.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2191 by Hawk24
Replied by Hawk24 on topic Framerate and magazine size

Where does this happen? specifically which map, and location in the map.
My guess is missionl. at the start.

The specific map that prompted me to question AI visibility and change my approach around doors was the Brentwood Home Invasion.
When starting in the backyard and trying to slice the glass door on the upper pool balcony I found myself dying incredibly quickly. If I left the door closed I would receive damage (read: die) when just barely getting vision on AI standing in the righthand easy corner of the room. As if he was already locked onto me in advance. Not quite wallbanging prefire, but precognition + instantly firing when entering line of sight with my shoulder. 
The door to the right that connects the couch room to the kitchen also has the AI shooting through the wooden jambs a lot, combined with some ridiculous reaction time

streamable.com/qk3w1l
Not perfectly representative of a smooth slice, because one might unknowingly expose the shoulder when stopping before incrementing the angle. But the way I die in the streamable link was pretty much my death experience for all ways of approaching that door while it was still closed. The AI is primed and ready to shoot with no delay

Whenever I opened the door first and then sliced it I would get an 'even' duel against the AI. Unless their position was right in the angle the door comes to a stop in, I believe opened doors are outright see-through for them. Obviously they're still rather quick on the trigger at Hard difficulty setting, but I could see them actually going through a period of reaction time before firing.
Same thing happened on a few of the glass doors on AE Logistics, so from then on I always opened doors fully before trying to peek them. That way only distance to the pivot point needs to be maximized in order to get vision advantage over the AI

By the way. Do mods exist that fix the AI animation of getting flashbanged, to prevent them from glitching into walls as can be seen at 1:55?

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2193 by Slippery Jim

Hawk24 wrote: By the way. Do mods exist that fix the AI animation of getting flashbanged, to prevent them from glitching into walls as can be seen at 1:55?

That is a pretty bad example of the character clipping into the wall.   Thankfully this doesn't happen often with the game.

As far as I know there isn't a mod that fixes this and would probably need to be in the game engine itself.   I guess the game doesn't check if the character is right up against a wall before triggering the flashbang reaction animation.  Just guessing though.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds