Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

[HELP] Mission won't load ingame after compile

• Vanya
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #2361 by Vanya
I'm using the textures from the sample map plus textures extracted from Last Resort mod campaign maps.
I did what you told me to do with Wally and it fixed most textures. There was still one that had the same error. I fixed it by changing it to a secondary texture with the different naming format - the one that didn't start with 1_ at the beginning the name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #2362 by Copy-Cat
Woke up to this, will need to read thru and update this response.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #2363 by Copy-Cat
If the textures are not in the mission/textures folder the game will load them but the UV mapping will not work thus making it look distorted and tiny. The filenames must be exact. SJ is correct the filenames cannot be more than 15 characters long like in some of the original textures. What will also cause this is the textures not being present in your materials.dat. You will have to build the materials.dat every time you add new textures.   I would recommend looking to see if you have the FAQ pages in your Swat3 directory. These pages will help you on the simple aspects of making a map, and answer some basic questions you might have.

As for tips in the map making process. I have put together  HELP_  pages over the years regarding every aspect of the map making process including things not covered or explained in the FAQ pages.

Topic of this post is misleading. It should be updated to a better title, almost glanced over it.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2404 by deagle23
Hello Vanya,

Do you have a contact email I can message you regarding map creation in World Craft?

• Vanya
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #2683 by Vanya
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply but I gave up and took a break from SWAT3 mapping.

I'd like to come back to it again. I figured out the solution to this problem awhile ago but stopped again when I got a new problem: After loading into my map and trying to run command "ai build" I get an error that a waypoint is not in a valid location; I get this error regardless of where the waypoints are.

More
2 years 2 months ago #2684 by Slippery Jim
The only thing that I can think of something funky with your waypoint placement or something funky with your cells.

Any chance a cell is marked "not occupiable" under Multiple Levels? Not sure how the game would like waypoints in areas of that map marked "not occupiable".

Perhaps you have two waypoints overlapping too much?

Do you have some strange attributes added in a waypointnode entity?

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds