Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Potential framerate fix (Windows 10)

More
3 years 1 month ago #2186 by radioteque
I was thinking it would lose that too but it seems to work fine -  the combination seems to mesh well together.

The only minor pain is that if a cutscene plays and goes back to a menu (I see a lot of game over screens ), it seems that the mouse can click through the game, causing a tab out. Once you tab back in though, game works normally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #2225 by Aehnkantos
I was the other user that posted about this suspected cache problem. Unfortunately I'm not able to run the game using the specified ddraw.dll. Interestingly, if I use the .dll from the most recent experimental release the screen flashes a number of times and then is returned to desktop with no error message. If I use the previous release, I get the "16-bit color message." I guess I'll just live with the slowdowns but I'm happy for you.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #2227 by radioteque
Aehnkantos,

I uploaded the experimental release that I nabbed from March 16 - see if this version works any better . Crossing fingers.

Also, what settings do you have running for DGVoodoo? Can you pop over a screenshot?

More
3 years 1 week ago #2271 by radioteque
Hey all,

Just an update on this - I recently got in contact with Dege (of DGVoodoo) and he found out the REAL reason why the framerate was dipping. I'll paste the text in here:

"I checked it out and it seems to be the general problem plaguing other games as well for a lot of users (when hw mouse is emulated).
It's not a cache issue but, for some reason, at certain levels in the game a lot of WM_SETCURSOR messages are posted to the game window proc that dgVoodoo hooks, and querying the cursor visibility is handled in a lame way."

He's confirmed that for the next release this will be fixed. While I know it wasn't an issue for everyone, hopefully anyone else experiencing the same thing won't have to deal with it in the future. Yeehaw!

More
3 years 1 week ago #2272 by Slippery Jim
Wow. Great job on reaching out to him! You may even want to post this on Steam and GOG.com Swat 3 forums.

Excellent news.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2294 by radioteque
Dege of DGVoodoo let me know his update was pushed today - tested it very briefly and holy crap.

No more lag when opening the inventory menu or using mirrors. It's a dream come true.

You can grab the update from here to test it out.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds