Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Play Swat3 online with NeuWon - pt3

More
4 years 1 month ago #1327 by DomeShot
I tried connecting but it never would for me aswell. Glad to see he has responded and the site is back up. Can't wait til this is resolved, CO-OP ftw!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1329 by Slippery Jim
I texted the NeuWon owner. No reply yet but he is probably at work right now. For now the server is technically back up but we can't connect yet.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1331 by Slippery Jim
Server is back up and working. Will keep it up all weekend if anyone wants to test things out.

Looks like it was IP issues at the main server according to the owner

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1332 by DomeShot
Awesome! Thanks Jim. I'm ready to play haha :)

UPDATE: I was able to log in last night and play for almost an hour before I went to sleep. So much nostalgia! And so nice to not have to use a third-party program like Failmanchi.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1333 by Slippery Jim
I noticed the server was down today for a bit. The owner of NeuWon was having troubles with the server he runs and had to take it down for a bit while he worked on it.

Seems to be back up fine now.

General question for people that do join the server: Do you find sometimes you have to attempt to connect several times before you can finally join? I don't know why that is. I remember someone long ago saying that it didn't happen with the .exe that NeuWon released and only happened with the Last Resort version.

This doesn't make sense to me though because I have done a file comparison and the parts that have to do with NeuWon are absolutely identical.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1334 by DomeShot
It usually connects on the first attempt, but I have noticed maybe 3-4 times that it would do the exact same thing as far as trying to connect like it would when the server was down. But mostly it connects with one click of the log in. I just tried with Last Resort not installed, and NeuWon by itself and it did the same thing so I honestly do not believe that to be the case. Plus with you doing comparisons on the the two exe files.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds