Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Incorrect In-game Resolution

More
2 years 3 months ago #2556 by PanzerShrek
Recently, after a hiatus induced by that god-forsaken storm drain level, I've found myself facing a peculiar, inexplicable issue with SWAT 3. To summarize, despite the Last Resort launcher being set to run 3D rendering in 2560x1440 (and ), when actually playing a mission, the game always reverts to running in 600x800, even though LR's 2D menu resolution setting of 1920x1080 functions completely without issue. Any of y'all encountered this problem (or a similar one) and/or know what's the root of it? I've already given , but things seem to check out there, so I don't think it's as simple of a fix as changing a few config lines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #2557 by Slippery Jim
Welcome to the site.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you have the 3D set to 2560x1440 in the LR Launcher but when the 3D portion of the game starts it is always 800x600?

Just curious are you using dgVoodoo (or other tools) along with the game to fix Windows 10 issues?

Update: my other random thought is do you accidentally have SOFTWARE set for the 3D ADAPTER in the OPTIONS settings for the game?

More
2 years 3 months ago #2559 by PanzerShrek
Yep, you hit the nail on the head in regards to what the problem was. 

I wasn't actually using dgVoodoo before, having not felt the need for it, so I went ahead and gave it a shot since you mentioned it. I'm happy to report that things seem to be functioning normally now, better than before in fact! 

Thinking on it, a graphics driver update is probably why things stopped "just working".

My thanks for the aid, however, especially on such short notice.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #2560 by Slippery Jim
I didn't help much, but just glad you got her working again.

It is possible your game switched the 3D adapter to software and when you installed dgVoodoo it changed it to the dgVoodoo adapter (resulting in a "fix").

Just a guess though since I am not sure if the software adapter would have that resolution limitation.

DgVoodoo is great regardless to have with Swat 3 because not only does it fix frame rate issues it can help turn on features like anti-aliasing, etc.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds