Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Semi-Automatic Fire Mode

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #2374 by Junkyard_Dawg
I remember playing this game back in the day and using F10 to switch between fully automatic and semi-automatic fire. This was not a standard setting in the game, and I believe I had to download a modified SWAT 3 configuration file. By default, F10 was the button assigned to do this, which normally does nothing in the game.

A thing of note, in the SWAT 3 configuration file, each button on keyboard and mouse is associated with a number. The left mouse button is associated with 1, right mouse button associated with 2, F9 = 120, F11 = 122. I know if you change an action to map to F10, the number associated with F10 is 121. The fire button is mapped to left mouse button by default, so it appears in the configuration file as 1=fire. Maybe there is an action that can be manually added in to map 121 (F10) to fire mode. I will try different strings of text to see if it changes something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2378 by Slippery Jim
Sorry for the delay in approving the post.

You were probably using a script that was run via console commands. I will upload that file to our server right after I am done posting this.

The Last Resort Launcher makes using scripts like that easier to run. Place the script into the main Swat 3 folder and on the OTHER SETTINGS look for the CONSOLE SCRIPT section.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2379 by Junkyard_Dawg
That sounds great. How do I access your file server? I looked under your website's Links section, but do not see it there.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2380 by Slippery Jim
Just added now.

Should be under:
www.swat3lastresort.info/index.php/mod-t...tegory/8-swat-3-mods

Remember to unzip the file after downloading.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #2381 by Slippery Jim
Let me know how it works out.

I can't recall if I ever tested out the script.  Palermo (if I recall) made the script so long ago but I have since lost any instructions that came with it.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #2382 by Junkyard_Dawg
It works! /media/kunena/emoticons/

I just put the marco con file in the root directory of my SWAT 3 installation and started the game. I tested two weapons that normally shoot fully automatic. After pressing F10, they switched to semi-automatic fire. I pressed F10, and it switched back to fully automatic fire.

I have a gaming computer running Windows XP, using the GOG version of the game. I tried renaming the macro from its standard name of console(dot)con, to something else, but it does not work. I believe the default name of console(dot)con loads in the game automatically, while any other macro would have to be called by name in the console command "run macro_name(dot)con". Furrycat's website explains this in detail. If you do not care to fool around with anything extra, just drag and drop the file as is, and enjoy this much appreciated gameplay feature. Thank you for your help, Slippery Jim!

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.883 seconds