Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Friendly Fire Issue

More
4 years 2 days ago #1359 by CraftyReaper
Whilst testing something entirely different, myself and DarkSynopsis came across a possible bug. When Friendly Fire is disabled (default for Last Resort), in DM and LMS modes. We could not kill each other.

(TDM seem to work fine - could kill opposing team)

Side note:
When playing on Mission A we could kill each other through the front door. (possibly any map and through any surface).

When enabling friendly fire, all modes work as expected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 days ago #1360 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Friendly Fire Issue
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying the toggle is actually backwards?

The only thing the Last Resort mod does to friendly fire is the Launcher turns it off or on in the swat.cfg file just before it launches the game.

More
4 years 2 days ago - 4 years 2 days ago #1362 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Friendly Fire Issue
The toggle is fine, may have made a mistake of saying Friendly Fire is off by default when it comes to Last Resort? We both did a reinstall of S3/LR since we had mismatched files for some reason and upon first launch of LR it seemed to set Friendly Fire to off but it seems the LR launcher may have kept some of our other settings we may both have turned it off in the past.

Though it does seem when Friendly Fire is disabled its breaking Deathmatch which I wasn't aware was a thing? since its a setting in the swat.cfg I guess nothing can really be done to fix it, maybe a warning could be added? like the launcher has (Officers take damage from team mates when turned on) already for turning it on.

More
4 years 2 days ago - 4 years 2 days ago #1363 by Slippery Jim
I never played DM but I guess it makes sense in a way since everyone is an officer shooting at each other.

The Launcher saves it's settings in the Windows AppData folder so it probably remembered what you had saved the last time you used LR. A reinstall of the game would still keep the old settings file.

I looked at the code for the new LR Launcher and it doesn't change the default of the friendly fire. When the Launcher is used for the first time it will always pull the setting from the Swat.cfg file. After you have used the Launcher and saved it then it will always use the setting you saved last.

What do you suggest for a user note in the Launcher? "DM requires friendly fire on?"

More
4 years 1 day ago #1367 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Friendly Fire Issue
Don't normally touch DM either just stumbled upon it, does the LR Uninstaller ask if it should remove the saved settings? don't recall seeing it, could be handy.

Something along those lines for a note should do, I can't imagine most people will run into the issue, feels odd to even have Friendly Fire off in SWAT but always handy to have a warning.

More
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 1 day ago #1368 by Slippery Jim
No the uninstaller doesn't remove the settings file as of now.

Not sure it is worth uninstalling it since it is about 269 bytes in size. I could see both sides of the argument. I am torn about adding the removal.

Update: good suggestion though. Keep em coming (they are appreciated). If you feel that the LastResort.ini should still be removed feel free to try convince me. Making choices is hard and I know I am wrong sometimes with my logic!

Update 2:
I am going to make the uninstaller prompt the user and ask them if they want to delete it. Best of both worlds.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds