Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1248 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
Welcome to the world of emulated 16-bit mode for Swat 3. You will need dgVoodoo (or other 3rd party app) to get Swat 3 to run at a decent rate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1253 by DomeShot
Replied by DomeShot on topic Need beta testers
Yeah I downloaded and installed dgVoodoo2 to the SWAT3 directory, ran the configuration wizard and got everything set. And it plays just like it use to. Glad something like this has been created because without it, for SWAT3 anyways, it would honestly be unbearable to play. When Microsoft created Windows 10 they could have left in support for older games and what not. Alot of people I know still play the old school games.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1254 by Slippery Jim
I agree Microsoft dropped the ball as usual with Windows gaming.

Minor update about the mod: still working on the installer. I had a doctor's appointment this week and also dealing with a leak in the bathroom from upstairs.

The installer is complicated because I have to deal with the Steam version, the GOG version, and the CD version. I also have to assume the user has old versions of Last Resort installed and that they haven't properly turned the mod off before installing this new version.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1264 by DomeShot
Replied by DomeShot on topic Need beta testers
Sounds like alot of work, but I can promise it is greatly appreciated. Ever since I found LR and seen the familiar "Slippery Jim" I have been excited, and even more with the new server replacement. Quick question... I see the site is reporting the SWAT3 server to be up and running, but I also remember you saying it may not report 100%. I just tried joining and it said it couldn't query the server list. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me, and wondered if since the NuWON website is down that the server works off it? I know you are hosting the backend server but wasn't sure how that was all setup.

More
4 years 1 month ago #1265 by Slippery Jim
Woops sorry. Ya my son was working on a script to help start up the Swat server. The main NeuWon site is down right now still.

That front page server query doesn't check to see if the main NeuWon server is also up. It just checks the Swat 3 server. It is on my "to do" list of things to fix.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1277 by Slippery Jim
Just noticed I have a bug with the new Last Resort Launcher.

For some reason once it launches Swat 3 it always defaults to 640x480. Not sure why this is happening. If I launch Swat 3 directly it does the proper resolution that was saved.

This will delay the release of the beta until I can figure this out. Sorry.

Update: I think I have narrowed it down to how the Launcher starts the game executable. It is a different method to how I used to do it in previous versions. Only thing that makes sense.

Update 2: The game is definitely loading the modified Swat.cfg because of all the other changes that work (for example music to 0%). Why is it just ignoring the resolution?!

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds