Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1988 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
Sorry about that guys. I know you just wanted to game and we were testing things.

Well we discovered I was the source of the crashes. Every time I logged off it crashed.   I assume because I was playing on same network as the server. In the future I won't join the server when other people are playing until I get this figured out.

The server will be up all weekend and I won't join and crash it lol.

By the way, you were right about the "no menu" causing an issue.  It doesn't work right now.  All other resolutions are fine though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1989 by DarkSynopsis
Replied by DarkSynopsis on topic Need beta testers
Next time you do manage to do some testing I'd try just logging into chat for a minute or so then out, if it doesn't crash then try logging in and just hosting a game without launching then logging out, if it does crash after that, guess you just never allowed to host a game :P at least till fixed.

I suspect you can try testing solo, can't imagine why it should need another player.

This is what a Beta release is for :)

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1990 by Slippery Jim
The crash is really odd because I was able to join fine during my last testing phase before I released beta 2. Maybe you are right that I only crash it when I exit if someone else is on server. I don't remember this behaviour long ago though.

As for why "No Menu" gives that error I have no idea. It shouldn't. For the other resolutions I created custom "menu.dat" files called "m1nu.dat" for 800x600, "m2nu.dat" for 1366x768, "m3nu.dat" for 1920x1080 and they are all included in the "Last_Resort_v0.8.zip" mod. Each of the executables has that hacked into it.

For the "No Menu" executable it uses the original "menu.dat". I shouldn't have to include that in the "Last_Resort_v0.8.zip" mod because it already comes in Swat 3's basic files. Everyone has that file already.

Darksynopsis can you check in your main Swat 3 folder for .dat files that shouldn't be there like the infamous "unins000.dat" file?

If you don't have any rogue files in your Swat 3 folder then I should try using my Steam version of the game instead to see if that helps.  It is totally pristine.   My GOG.com version has sooooo many of my test files in it.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1991 by DarkSynopsis
Does seem like new behaviour but I don't think any focused testing has been done? I just took a look in the swat.cfg and it has netport=16638 which is used when hosting at least when looking at my firewall, 16638 for TCP and it auto adds 1 to that for UDP so 16639 for UDP.

Maybe setting a new port for your client is worth a shot? I gave it a quick test and the game does use the new port I set, main issue with that is if everyone forwards the standard ports and you have something different... but for testing purposes could be worth a shot.

As for having a .dat file that shouldn't be there, nope, if that was the case I shouldn't have been able to join no matter the res? the only dat files I have in the main folder is "CustomChat.dat" and "mpofc.dat" now that I think about it, weird that the GOG one causes issues since these 2 can be different between clients, must be an exclusion list built into the game.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1992 by Slippery Jim
Well I am not saying GOG.com and Steam can't play together. I am just wondering if my GOG.com install is so messy with my various experiment files that it is somehow causing the mismatch.   Sometimes even inactive mods can cause issues.

That doesn't explain why the other fellows last night had same problem with "no menu". I am just trying to rule out things between you and I since easier to control.

I may just have to include a "menu.dat" file in the "Last_Resort_v0.8.zip" and just give up trying to understand what is happening. Just ran a test with that and see if it works.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1993 by DarkSynopsis
I just don't see why a mismatch would occur on only the no menu version if it wasn't something caused by that itself since all the other resolutions worked no problems.

Are you thinking our original menu.dat files are some how the issue? I fresh installed the game today, tbh should have probably done a test with us both running no menu.

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds