Last resort logo

SWAT 3 - LAST RESORT GAME MODIFICATION

Spam Prevention - PLEASE READ !! (23 Apr 2021)

Due to a problem with spammers the rules for posting in the forums have changed for new users.

Newly registered users won't have their posts published until a moderator approves them.

Need beta testers

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1357 by Slippery Jim
Replied by Slippery Jim on topic Need beta testers
Can't sorry. Gotta cook supper for the family and then promised the kids I would play Ark with them.

Please let me know if you see a pattern to the crashes (or even info about what you are doing at the time when the crash happens).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #1361 by Slippery Jim
Copy-Cat (and associate) I may have a bug with that last LR Launcher fix I sent you. I get an error of "startindex can not be less than zero". Will have to look into it.

Update: source of trouble seems to be where I strip the .zip extension. Specifically probably because I have an unzipped folder called M79 and that only has 3 characters. The code was trying to check the last 4 characters of a filename so gave error.

Update: I was correct about the error. Figured out as better way to do the code. Beta Fix 3 uploaded to drop box for Copy-cat.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #1364 by Copy-Cat
Replied by Copy-Cat on topic Need beta testers
Yup, just saw your update... lol

Already know what it is? its your open missions folders, and mods that are not zipped...

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #1365 by Slippery Jim
In this case it was specifically an unzipped mod called "M79".

I re-did the code with a safer method. Also included a filter that ignores any .bak files or .txt files since sometimes I have both in my mod folder.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #1366 by Slippery Jim
This morning I built my first test build of the full installer for version 8.0 beta of the mod for public testing.

Before I can release it I have to test the installer locally since it is so much more complex than previous versions.

Update: I immediately found a few things I needed to tweak or fix since they didn't work as expected.

I also discovered 2 things that I have to fix on the Launcher code itself. One is a bug with the launcher that reports you don't have a valid 3D resolution when indeed that you do. Other item to fix is just a duplication of the backup files.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1369 by Copy-Cat
Replied by Copy-Cat on topic Need beta testers
Im running windows 8, if ya want to test on it. Will be home all day.
Bout to do some hacking of the exe..

Moderators: DarkSynopsis
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds