Last Resort Mod
Welcome to the home of the Last Resort mod for Swat 3.
This website is set up to help organize the construction of a mod to upgrade Swat 3 as much as possible considering we don't have the source code to the game. We achieve this by a combination of hacked game executables, replacement textures, and by the use of a custom launcher for Swat 3.
SVGA graphics was the standard for video games when Swat 3 was released back in 1999 but advances in technology have left Swat 3 looking very dated. 16-bit colour and a screen resolution of only 800x600 were normal back when the game first hit the market.
The Core Mod Goals:
- Make the 2D menus run in several other resolutions instead of just 800x600
- Make Swat 3 run the actual 3D part of the game at any chosen resolution
- Double the draw distance of the game
- Make the game use textures of a maximum size of 1024x1024 (instead of 256x256 pixels)
- Make new menu and chat lobby graphics for larger screen resolutions
- Upgrade low resolution textures in Swat 3 on all maps
Future Wish List:
- Upgrade low polygon 3D weapon models and character skins
- 32 bit colour rendering instead of the default 16 bit colour